ML Emporio is a comprehensive development company with a rich legacy of design and constructing exceptional multi-family homes. Although founded in 2017, our founders have over 25 years of experience in the lower mainland. Our growing portfolio includes more than 3,000 homes that are complete, in design or under construction, from mixed-use residential to multi-family communities. ML Emporio is a real estate development and construction management company that strives to contribute to the community we build in through exceptional design and thoughtful planning, while delivering extraordinary quality and service to homeowners.
- Reporting to the Project Direct; regular communication to the Project Manager on site progress pertaining to budget and construction schedule.
- Provide leadership for a complete responsibility for day-to-day management of site staff and trades related to the ongoing construction of the project.
- Ensure all work is performed to contract documents including drawings, specifications, and scope of work, with due regard to quality control and contract compliance – report any discrepancies or omissions directly to the Project Manager.
- Oversee the Quality Control of the finished product – work with the Site Finishing Superintendent and report any discrepancies or omissions directly to the Project Manager.
- Trades management – strong understanding of construction sequencing, identify upcoming scopes and resources required, regular communication with trades to ensure they comply with the critical dates they are required to meet.
- Review weekly with the Project Manager to maintain and update two-week look ahead schedule, and adherence to the overall construction schedule.
- Chair and manage weekly trades meetings.
- Take full responsibility to ensure that all Municipal inspections, professional consultant inspections, Occupancy Permits and possession dated are being achieved. Facilitate and schedule required inspections, as required. Immediately notify the Project
- Manager of any problems that may arise that have a direct effect on the construction schedule, budget, or site safety conditions.
- Be responsible for all equipment and materials delivered to site
- Train and mentor Assistant Site Superintendent, Finishing Superintendent, Labourers, Lead Hands, Foremen, etc.
- Review and approve hourly staff and labourers (after the Project Manager approve the hiring of staff and budget).
- Maintain a daily log or journal, site visitors, meetings and problems encountered, that will become a part of the Project record.
- Review monthly with the Project Manager on contractor draws, invoices, etc.
- Assist in, and ensure all Brasfield construction processes and safety practices are implemented and enforced on site.
- Report any site conditions that may deviate from the original design intent to the Project Manager immediately as these changes may impact the homeowners’ experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Technical diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and experience; Red Seal designation
- 5-10 years’ experience in high-rise concrete construction in a supervisor capacity
- Experience managing all phases of construction from excavation to Occupancy is a must
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction such as technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements, engineering, drawings, specifications, procedures, and scheduling
- Great people skills, able to relate well to others and state your case, able to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure, juggling multiple responsibilities with numerous interruptions
- Construction skills may be required, including the ability to use small hand and power tools and precision measuring and testing devices, as well as equipment and materials applicable to the construction and carpentry trades
- Must be able to lift and carry materials and equipment weighing up to fifty pounds; prolonged standing and frequent bending, stooping, and reaching are required daily.
- The ability to move throughout the jobsite, including climbing stairs and working at heights from ladders of scaffolding to perform construction-related work is required.
- Competent computer skills to review and produce project documents and communicate effectively in an online real time environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Procore, etc.
- Access to your own vehicle and the ability to travel throughout the lower mainland as needed
A thorough understanding of the specific needs, codes and regulations pertaining to building within the Lower Mainland
- Ability to read drawings and successfully translate technical information to on-site application and to communicate to trades and project team.
- Ability to visualize the entire project, anticipate constructability issues, and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in a dynamic organization, submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].